Saturday, October 18, 2008

Where is Patrick Henry?


As I reflect upon the state of our country I find it hard to believe that we are willing to give our individual freedoms away. We find ourselves in the throes of an economic situation that we caused through excess of living. The government of the United States prints money and the value of the dollar is decreasing. Our soon to be President, Barack Obama, is promising to redistribute wealth so the middle class can thrive. Senator Obama sickens me. He is a dynamic speaker and his words are pleasing to our collective ears. Patrick Henry, where are you? "Give me liberty or give me death." Now, too many of us Americans can only say, "please, give me!" "Give me health care, give my baby formula, give me school lunch, give me a reduced mortgage, give me money for my failing stocks; or just give me!" The politicians are too happy to hear these cries. We allow these slick talkers to lull us away from freedom without a shot being fired. We need to wake up before Barack changes the fundamentals of our government, just like he is promising! Change is not always good, just ask the Romans.

"It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints. My life, outside of work, is dedicated to building my community and working to build other's faith in Christ. I am married and a father of six children ranging in age from two to 22. Politically, I am an Independent voter because I cannot find conservative views from the Republican Party.