Friday, October 24, 2008

Strike and Walk Out


This photo was taken a couple of years ago. During a work stoppage I drove haul trucks. As a salaried worker I had to cross picket lines on a daily basis. This was a difficult period in my career and as a human. I live in a small town and had to work long hours while hourly workers stopped working because of the unfair practices of the management of our company. The division of the work force never has healed and most of the salary people have left for new jobs. The practice of dividing people to reach the objectives of those in power is not only practiced in the workplace, but extends into the political realm. Look at our soon to be president, Senator Obama, he is pitting the middle-class against the upper-class. I think that using this tactic has been successful, but from the period of my life, pictured to the left, I see that this agenda will do nothing but scar our nation. I am saddened by the course of our nation’s leaders. We face, now more than ever, rulers that are out for the progression of damaging agendas. Just wait to see the effects of an Obama, Pelosi, and Reid monopoly of power, our country will be divided to the point of falling apart. The time working this strike was an example of division. Once the battle lines are drawn our nation will be on a slippery slope.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints. My life, outside of work, is dedicated to building my community and working to build other's faith in Christ. I am married and a father of six children ranging in age from two to 22. Politically, I am an Independent voter because I cannot find conservative views from the Republican Party.