Wednesday, April 29, 2009


I know that I lot of my friends and family will disagree with me on this point, but the more I think about the use of waterboarding the more I am siding with President Obama. This is one point that I agree with him, waterboarding is against the principles of this Nation. Being conservative I want to be OK with getting information that saves my loved ones, but at what cost? It raises the question can there be a small deviation in Integrity? No matter what the cost can you, as a person, accept the torture of another human? The argument that they caused tremendous pain on many people does not change the fact that we are a people with principle. We are fighting terrorism with terror? The practice of waterboarding is wrong and I think that no matter what proof you provide of stopping an attack. The point is mute, because you will never know if proper treatment would have produced results.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints. My life, outside of work, is dedicated to building my community and working to build other's faith in Christ. I am married and a father of six children ranging in age from two to 22. Politically, I am an Independent voter because I cannot find conservative views from the Republican Party.